The PADI SCUBA DIVER course will give you the ticket to SCUBA Dive anywhere in the world to 12m, with a PADI Instructor or Divemaster
- After you are certified, you will have the skills to Scuba Dive down to 12m, as long as you are supervised by a PADI Instructor or Divemaster!
- Our training involves equipment that is used in cooler water, learning Scuba skills with our high level of training will make tropical diving so easy as well!
- Learn to Dive with Tropical and Temperate fishlife! Northern New South Wales has warm water like the southern Great Barrier Reef, but still has some influence of the cooler waters. The Solitary Islands are loaded with Fish from both worlds.
- Our award winning PADI Instructors pride themselves with high quality training. We are a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and teach only the Genuine PADI Scuba Diver course.
PADI Scuba Diver Schedule
Using PADI E-learning, PADI touch or Home-study, you need to complete this before Day 1 of the practical. The Start Date of your course is the first practical day with Jetty Dive. Once your PADI E- Learning or theory is complete:
- Day 1 Start your SCUBA Diving! The fun begins in the Pool with all your SCUBA skills and orientation of Scuba Diving. We also show you the gear, what to choose or not choose, and what is right for you. You start at the Dive Centre, with time to be advised. Please contact us to organize a time!
- Day 2 It’s on our Dive Boat for Open Water Dive 1 and 2 at the Solitary Islands Marine Park. You will do some skills assessments, but most of the dives you will be looking at the amazing fishlife of the New South Wales north coast. Our half day Dive charter trips start at 7.30am at our Dive Centre - Jetty Dive Centre. After the paperwork is done, You are a certified PADI Scuba Diver! You will see how learning to dive is fun at Jetty Dive Centre, diving the best that New South Wales can offer!
Fun in the pool
The ability to stay afloat for 10 minutes is required. You need to be healthy and Medically Fit to Scuba Dive.
Medical Considerations Prior to starting a PADI Scuba Diver course, you are required to complete a Divers Medical questionaire. If you have any medical conditions that are listed in the Medical Statement, you are required to complete an approved Scuba Diving Medical Certificate (AS 4005.1) with a Medical Physician.
You can download a copy of AS4005.1 Medical Form here.
These medicals are available from a wide number of selected practitioners. Locally in Coffs Harbour we can assist with locating a Dive Medical Doctor
What’s Included and Good about Our PADI SCUBA Diver course ?
Our Genuine PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course packages include:
- The BEST SCUBA Dives! This SCUBA Course includes TWO Great Dives at the Solitary Islands Marine Park.
- The Boat dives are what sets us apart from the rest! A Boat Trips aboard our comfortable Dive Charter boat (2 Ocean Dives) to the Solitary Islands Marine Park
- We SCUBA Dive in Small Groups, usually 4, but no more than 6 per SCUBA instructor.
- All SCUBA equipment rental is included (no need to buy anything).
- Our SCUBA training Pool Sessions are very thorough and a lot of Fun!
- PADI Open Water manual either in paper form or PDF is included. (not needed for PADI E-learning or Padi touch)
- You get a PADI 5 Star Open Water Certification Card and Wall Certificate.
- We believe in looking after our oceans, so every diver we train includes a Donation to Project Aware with a Special Project Aware Divers Certification Card for you.
- When using PADI E-Learning, it is recommended that a Medical Statement is done before you start as the Padi E-Learning component is not refundable if you fail the medical requirements.
- No refunds will be given if the customer cancels within 48 hours of the course start date.
- If the student fails to attend part of the course without sufficient prior arrangement, the cost of providing that part of the course is required to be paid as an extra cost by the student. (refer to part 29 of our Terms and Conditions for more details)
- All Scuba Diving is subject to weather conditions.